Email MeRichard M. Bryan
Mr. Bryan is a San Francisco lawyer who handles matters throughout Northern California and Bay Area counties.
With over 40 years experience in handling complex economic, accounting, and technical matters for clients facing distressing personal crisis, Mr. Bryan brings a wealth of insight and knowledge to our clients.
Mr. Bryan's effectiveness as a courtroom advocate, negotiator, counselor, and mediator is well recognized by his peers. He was elected to the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), and as a Northern California SuperLawyer, he enjoys an A.V. peer review rating. He has also served as a mediator and arbitrator in family law, probate litigation, construction, real estate, and general business litigation matters. His integrity and professional contributions were honored by his election to the prestigious American Bar Foundation.
A frequent lecturer and seminar leader on continuing education programs for attorneys, Mr. Bryan has also written articles on matters related to family law, probate litigation, construction law, contract disputes, and trial and settlement techniques. He served as President of the Barristers Club of San Francisco, a Director of the Bar Association of San Francisco and as a Delegate to the State Bar of California Conference of Delegates in addition to service on numerous professional association committees.
Areas of Practice
- Accounting Disputes and Financial Asset Division and Valuation Litigation
- Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody, Support
- Probate and Trust Litigation
- Business, Contract, and Real Estate Litigation
- Contested Trials and Hearings
- Mediation and Negotiation
- Arbitrator, Referee, Private Judge
- California, 1964
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1964
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1964
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1964
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1964
- University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, Berkeley, California
- J.D. - 1963
- University of California, Berkeley, CA, A.B. with Honors
- Economics - 1960
Past Employment Positions
- United States District Court Judge Alfonso J. Zirpoli, Law Clerk, 1963 - 1964
- Alameda County, Assistant Public Defender, 1964 - 1965
- Farella, Braun & Martel, Partner, 1966 - 1981